Friday, October 30, 2009

The Burdens of Life

Life has been interfering with knitting! I started back to school just after my last post and haven't had much extra time. I have managed to do some fingerless gloves, though. This pair was started on August 17 and finished up 12 days later.






This next pair took much longer! I started them on September 1 and didn't get them done until October 15. Yikes. But they are soooo pretty. I decided they are going to be mine! It is hard to tell in this photo that these are actually an incredibly dark shade of purple and not black. That's part of why I love them so.



I was gifted some incredible yarn from my knitting pals for my birthday (August 31). I adore the purple yarn. I will be sitting on it until I find the perfect pattern or until I find some equally fabulous yarn to go with it, as there are only about 90 yards there.


The gray Stockbridge was gifted to me by the very resourceful Sonya, who scored it for $1.99 a skein! It's 50% wool/50% alpaca and each skein has over 100 yards. I decided that it would best be used for my very first sweater, so I started it a week ago. It's going slow and steady, but I'm proud that I've worked on it a little each day. It is a rather boring pattern, but I figure better to just knit, knit, knit than to be overwhelmed and not knit at all!





I hope I'll have more time to work on knitting projects in the weeks to come. It'll be even better if I have time to post about it here!

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
Creative Commons License
This work by tata is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.