Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Red Winter WIP

I'm on a fingerless glove kick. However, I'm waiting on my first shipment of yarn from KnitPicks (I have bought from them before - the Harmony interchangeable needles - just not yarn), so in the meantime, I thought I'd try out this Jack-in-the-Box pattern I found in a friend's book for fingerless gloves that have a nifty flip-top. My mom requested something similar months ago and to be perfectly honest, the pattern intimidated me so I've put it off. I did buy some fabulous yarn (Classic Elite Yarns Waterlily 100% extra fine merino wool that is just lovely to touch) from Grinny Possum just for this project, though, so I had everything I needed to get started. As I suspected, it's definitely tricky!


Here is my first glove while still on the needles.


This part was super-tricky for me, but I made it through!


The first glove is finished!
I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I do still have some sewing to do. The button needs to be attached and there is a strange flap that goes around the back of the hand that needs to be sewn down to the inside back of the glove. The flap has a purpose besides keeping the glove pretty - it rises above the flip-top to keep the knuckles covered.

The second glove is on my needles now, about one-third of the way complete. I won't be able to wait until Christmas to give them to my mom. Just as well. It'll be cold before then anyhow and she's the type to not be a stickler for gift-giving because the calendar dictates it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
Creative Commons License
This work by tata is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.